As an integrated global producer of 100% recycled paperboard and paperboard products, Newark is all about sustainability. In fact, we have been leaders in the development of new and innovative packaging solutions that are resource-conscious since long before it became fashionable to focus on sustainability. We have a Sustainability Steering Committee that guides our sustainability commitment and we allocate the required resources to take advantage of the very latest concepts, thinking and sustainability practices.
Supplier Code of Conduct
We are pleased to notify you of our Supplier Code of Conduct, effective August 1, 2013. Please click on Suppliers Code of Conduct for the full Code. As new contracts and purchase orders roll over or become issued, the Supplier Code of Conduct will be incorporated in our terms and conditions.
Supplier Sustainability Survey
As 100% recycled fibers producers with over 100 years commitment to our environment, we would like to include your company in our supplier sustainability survey so we can share our mutual successes with our customers. To participate in our survey, please go to Sustainability Survey.
Newark commits to a strategy of sustainable business practices focused on the following:
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Generate less waste
- Reduce energy consumption
- Support total employee involvement
- Encourage strong business and community relationships
- Increase stakeholder value through fiscal responsibility
We collect, process and convert in excess of 2 million tons of recovered fiber annually while focusing on our customers and the environment. Our resource recovery solutions are currently in place with some of America’s most prominent consumer products companies.
Newark is proud to be affiliated with the following organizations with a focus on SUSTAINABLE practices:
- 100% Recycled Paperboard Alliance
- American Forest and Paper Association
- Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries
- National Recycling Coalition
- Paperboard Packaging Council
- Solid Waste Association of North America
- Sustainable Packaging Coalition
- Composite Can and Tube Institute (CCTI)
Newark Tree Infographic